• Environmental Biotechnology
• Biochemical Engineering
• Food Processing & Technology
• UG- 16
• PG -6
• MS (by research) – 2
• PhD - 3
||Name of the funding agency
||Amount in Lakhs
||Duration of the project
|Macromolecular Engineering and Design.
||Dr. P. Gautam,CBT, AU, Dr. Krishnaswamy MKU, Madurai
Research Projects- Undergraduates
||Name of the funding agency
||Duration of the project
|Production of Cutinase from tomato processing industry waste for enzymatic scouring of cotton
||CTDT (Anna University)
||One year(Won Third Prize on Technology Day function conducted by CTDT)
||Textile Department,A.C.Tech Anna Univ.
- N. Velu, K. Divakar, G. Nandhini Devi, Pennathur Gautam, "Lipase from Aeromonas caviae
AU04: Isolation, purification and protein aggregation", Biocatalysis and Agricultural
Biotechnology, published by Elsevier. Vol. 1, pp. 45-50 (2012).
- K. Divakar, G. Nandhini Devi, Pennathur Gautam, " In-Gel Staining of Proteins in Native Poly
Acryl Amide Gel Electrophoresis using meso-Tetrakis(4-sulfonato phenyl)porphyrin", (2012).
- P Gururaj, G.Nandhinidevi, S.Ramalingam, Pennathur Gautam, "Process optimization of
production and purification of lipase from Acinetobacter sp. AU07", Brazilian Journal of
Microbiology, pp. Accepted (2016).
- Sasitha Vidyarini Ravindrana, Anuj Krishnasundar Pennathur , G. Nandhini Devi and Gautam
Pennathur, "Synthesis of Ag(II) 2,3,7,8,12,13,17,18-octabromo-5,10,15,20-
tetraphenylporphyrin and its facile demetalation to 2,3,7,8,12,13,17,18-octabromo-5,10,15,20-
tetraphenylporphyrin", Journal of Porphyrins and Pthalocyanines, Vol. 20, pp. 656-661 (2016).
- Selvadharshini S, Argho Bakshi, Nandhini Devi G, "Development and efficacy comparison of
curry leaves incorporated edible film and coating on fresh cut produce", Indian Journal of
Science, Vol. 23, Issue 82, pp. 482-491 (2016).
- K Divakar, M Suryia Prabha, G Nandhinidevi, P Gautam, "Kinetic Characterisation and
Fed-Batch Fermentation for Maximal Simultaneous Production of Esterase and Protease from
Lysinibacillus fusiformis AU01", Preparative Biochemistry & Biotechnology , published by
Thomson Reuters. Vol. 47, Issue 4, pp. 323-332 (2017).
- Renukadevi J, Nandhinidevi G, Bavanilatha M, Kavitha Bharathy T, Jameela,
"Three-dimensional quantitative structure–activity relationships modeling studies of
phytochemicals from brassicaceae as potent inhibitors against tumor inflammation", Asian
Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, Vol. 10, Issue 1, pp. 321-323 (2017).
- Convener, National level workshop on "WE- The volunteers- State level workshop on
empowerment of volunteerism" from 02-Mar-2017 to 03-Mar-2017.
- Organising Secretary, National level conference on "Valorize2k18- Current & Future trends in
food waste management and its valorization" from 24-Jan-2018 to 25-Jan-2018.
- Co-convener, National level workshop on "WE- The volunteers- State level workshop to edify
youth integration" from 08-Feb-2018 to 09-Feb-2018.
Extension & Outreach Programme
- NSS Program Officer, NSS Special Camp conducted at Nelvoy village for 7 days, and funded
by Government at Nelvoy village during 21-May-2016 and 27-May-2016. No. of participants:
Conferences, Training and Workshop Attended
- Conference on “Role of Technical Education in Sustainable development” organized by the Centre for Environmental studies & Centre for Water Resources, Anna University, Chennai during 24-26 March 2005.
- Workshop on “Effective Teaching” organized by the Centre for Empowerment of women & Dept. of Humanities and Social sciences, Anna University on 16th March 2006.
- One day workshop on “Nanoscience & Technology for health care: Medical Diagnosis, Imaging & Drug delivery” organized by Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam as part of International Conference on Nanoscience & Technology(ICONSAT-2008) held at IIT, Madras, Chennai on 26th February 2008.
- Attended a 13 days AICTE Faculty Development Programme on “Fundamentals of Nanoscience & Technology” organized by Department of Physics, Anna University from 18-31 January 2007
- Undergone a 5 days training on “Waste management for R & D labs in Biotechnology” organized by IIT, Madras & CPCB, India from 27th September to 1st October 2007.
- Participated in an international workshop for two days during 8th and 9th February 2011, on “Integrated approaches to Foods, Diet and Health: Indian and European Perspectives”, organized by Centre for Food Technology, Anna University, Chennai.
- Attended a five days workshop on “Care, Communication and Counselling Students” organized by Centre for Empowerment of Women, Anna University, Chennai and Centre for Faculty Development, Anna University, Chennai, from 21st to 25th February 2011.
- Attended the course on “Effective Teaching through Case Study Methodology” from March 14th to 16th, 2011 at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, conducted by Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi.
- Conference on “Next Generation Sequencing and Bioinformatics for Genomics & Health Care” organized by Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, during 16-17 December 2011.
- Attended a 8 days Faculty Development Programme on “CH 2304 Heat Transfer” organized by Department of Chemical Engineering, Anna University from 1st - 8th January 2012.
- Attended a “Springer Summit on Materials and Protocols”, on April 15th, 2013 at the Raintree Hotel, Alwarpet, Chennai.
Associate Professor, Centre for Biotechnology
Department of Biotechnology
Anna University, Chennai 600025
044 - 2235 8378