A dissertation was carried out as part of MSc work entitled “Karyomorphological studies in a few species of Coix.Linn from South India
The major thrust areas in Research
Recombinant protein expression
• Creating an ideal plant platform for the expression of recombinant diagnostic and prophylactic proteins
• Find out the factors regulating transgene integration and expression
• Interaction between transgene and plant metabolism
• Overexpression and purification of nutraceuticals from plants
• Pathway modification
Plant tissue culture
• Clonal propagation of endangered and red book listed medicinal plants and isolation of medicinally important compounds from them
• Analysis of antioxidant activity of traditional medicinal plants
• Collaborating with Sugarcane Breeding Institute Coimbatore, an ICAR institute to create transgenic sugarcane plants expressing diagnostic and prophylactic proteins.
• National and International : 8
• Book Chapter : 1
• M.Tech thesis guided : 17
• B.Tech thesis guided : 13
• M.Tech current 2
• B.Tech current 7
- Chandrapriya C, Anitha sree D, Mathangi Ganapathy (2019 ) Antiproliferative activity of aqueous extracts of Salacia oblonga , an endangered traditional medicinal plant
- Mathangi Ganapathy, C. Appunnu,* N.Subramonian *and P Kaliraj (2019)
Cloning and Expression of Brugia malayi Abundant Larval Transcript-2 (BmAlt2), a potential filarial vaccine candidate expressed in transgenic sugarcane plants .(2019)
- Rukmani Thiruppathi, Sachin Mishra, Mathangi Ganapathy, Parasuraman Padmanabhan and Balazs Gulyaz . Nanoparticle Functionalization and Its Potentials for Molecular Imaging ( 2017 ) Advanced Science 2017, 4 1600279
- Ganapathy, M and Bhunia,S (. 2016) Nutraceuticals: The New Generation Therapeutics Adv Tech Biol Med 2016, 4:2 http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2379-1764.1000179
- Ganapathy, M . (2016). Plants as bioreactors – A Review Adv Tech Biol Med 2016, 4:1
- Ganapathy ,M, Chakravarthy Mohan, Jason Charles, Harunipriya P, Jaiganesh S, Subramonian N, Kaliraj P ( 2014). Immunodiagnostic properties of Wucheraria bancrofti SXP-1, a potential filarial diagnostic candidate expressed In Tobacco plant , Nicotiana tabacum. Appl Biochem Biotechnol (2015) 176:1889–1903
- Ganapathy, M, Adhiseshan, P, Chakravarthi,M, Harunipriya,P, Kaliraj, P.( 2014) Immunogenicity of Brugia malayi Abundant Larval Transcript-2, a potential filarial vaccine candidate expressed in tobacco. Plant Cell Rep 33:179–188.
- Jeeva Jothi D , Mathangi Ganapathy (2011). Hepatoprotective effect of Cassia auriculata L Leaf Extracts On Carbon Tetra Chloride Intoxicated Liver Damage in Wistar Albino Rats Asian J of Biochemistry .6(1): 104-112.
- A.K.Gupta, N. Anoop, A.Mushtaq, V. Mathangi (1999).Transgenic Legumes- A Mini Review JPAS Vol 1 27-34.
- V. Mathangi A.K.Gupta (1993). Genetic Manipulation of the Plant Cell Biology Education July-September 140-146.
Chapter 5 in Advances in Biotechnology Vol II an open access e book
Production of Recombinant Proteins from Plants - An Overview 2017 .
Mathangi Ganapathy*; Perumal Kaliraj
ISBN is 978-81-935757-0-3
- Asis Datta
- Md Fakruddin
- Hafiz Muhammad Nasir Iqbal
- Jayanthi Abraham