• Colon targeting
• Natural polymer based drug delivery systems
• Dosage form Design
• Mathematical modeling of release profiles
Assisted students in the following projects:
• Formulation and evaluation of matrix tablets using tamarind seed and Jackfruit seed Polysaccharides as carrier.
• Formulation and evaluation of Niacin microspheres using fenugreek seed mucilage as Biopolymer.
• Formulation and evaluation of flaxseed powder based matrix tablets for the treatment of hypertension.
• Evaluation of anti-cancer activity of lauric acid extracted from coconut oil for the treatment of colon cancer.
• A Novel transdermal patch using Black cumin powder and Ochna obtusata for the treatment of hyperhidrosis.
• Formulation and comparative evaluation of fenugreek seed mucilage and HPMC polymer based sustained release matrix tablets.
• Formulation and comparative evaluation of colon specific tablets using different polysaccharides as carrier.
• Evaluation of Banana Peel powder as a release retardant in the formulation of sustained release dosage forms
• Colon Targeting of celecoxib matrix tablets using okra gum as binding agent
• Formulation and evaluation of clopidogrel film coated tablets
• Development and evaluation of Bilayer multi vitamin tablets
Department of Biotechnology
Anna University, Chennai 600025
044 - 2235 8358